3/28/15

Setting Preferred domain www vs non WWW which is best ?

There may be question on setting up a preferred domain and which one would be better for SEO. However I would say both of them is okay and you could use anyone, however be sure you make a redirect.

What I mean is if you choose www then redirect all your non www to www, this will help you pass a link juice.

I have been working for my new site that helps in free image hosting in the internet and I have implemented all my tricks there as well.

You need to pass a 301 redirect in order for a proper SEO. It can be done by adding following code in your .htaccess file.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]
  
The code above will redirect every non wwws to www.

How to Choose ?

Usually I check which of these two are more indexed and I go with the one which is highly indexed.

For my case, in my affordable website design packages site,  I checked and found that my home page was ranked for WWW, so I choosed www as preferred domain in Google webmaster tools, added a htaccess code to redirect all my non wwws to the wwws.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
Add to Google Reader or Homepage Add to My AOL Subscribe in Rojo Add to Plusmo Add to netomat Hub Add to Pageflakes Subscribe in Bloglines